White Phú Quốc pepper
White Phú Quốc pepper
This white Phú Quốc pepper is traditionally produced on the Vietnamese island of Phú Quốc. The pepper is of superior quality, 0% tạp chất, ideally suited in the preparation of fish and squid dishes, and in exotic fruit salads.
Pepper has been cultivated in a traditional way on the Vietnamese island of Phú Quốc since the early 19th century. Pepper cultivation was introduced by the Chinese, but has greatly improved under French management, just as happened in Kampot, in neighboring Cambodia.
Phú Quốc is located in the province of Kiên Giang, and with approximately 590 square kilometers is the largest island in Vietnam. It is part of an archipelago of 22 islands, and is closer to the coast of Cambodia than that of Vietnam. The island has more than 100,000 inhabitants. The pepper is one of the sources of income, next to tourism and the famous nuoc mâm (fish sauce).
With the support of the government, the traditional way in which the pepper is grown on Phú Quốc is cherished. Since the fifties of the last century, pepper cultivation has mainly become a women's affair due to political developments and the war(s). And it still is on many plantations.
It is a relatively small pepper in Vietnam, as it only makes up 1% of the country's total pepper harvest, which is on average large-scale and mechanized. Unlike the pepper from Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu, on the east coast, east of Ho Chi Minh City, the Phú Quốc pepper has not yet been eligible for a geographical indication (GI).
We offer you the white Phú Quốc pepper, Tiêu sọ đỏ Phú Quốc and the red Phú Quốc pepper, called Hạt tiêu chín đỏ Phú Quốc. The red pepper is picked when it is ripe and then soaked in water to loosen the 'shell'. The white core that then remains is dried in the sun. It has a somewhat creamy color. We offer the premium quality white pepper, 0% tạp chất, free from impurities and with a pleasant blanched ferment taste.
The pepper has various, subtle aromas including fruit (mango/raspberry) and a slightly sour accent. This makes the pepper suitable for all types of white meat (from veal and poultry to - in French - tripe and andouilette), white fish, squid and squid. You can also use the pepper in combination with an apple or pear.
- 100% peeled pepper berries from Piper nigrum
- 0% tạp chất - free from iniquities
- Protected by Vietnamese PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) label
- origin: Phú Quốc, Vietnam
- available in glass, pouch and test tube
- glass jar contains 75 grams
- stand-up pouches with a content of up to 30 to 500 grams
- available in 10 ml test tube
- larger quantities on request
- the jar is available in a tasteful gift box, consisting of a cube box filled with black tissue paper
- for an overview of our gift packaging, please refer to the category gift packaging
- grind your pepper shortly before use
- keep your phu quoc pepper in closed packaging
- preferably store in a dark, dry and cool place
- best before October 2025 (10/25)
- this best before date is an indication
Would you like to know how this Phú Quốc tastes?
Could you also try a test tube. The tube contains enough pepper to penetrate the taste essence.