- Nog geen product review- no product review (yet)
Go directly to product information
1 van 4


Black Tellicherry Pepper TGSEB GI

Black Tellicherry Pepper TGSEB GI

Normal price €7,75 EUR
Normal price Offer price €7,75 EUR
Offer Out of stock
Including VAT. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
Your performance

Tellicherry 'bold' is one of our four quality peppers from the Malabar Coast. To be called  Tellicherry, a peppercorn must meet a number of quality requirements, including size. Almost 90% of the 'malabar peppers' do not meet this requirement, our pepper belongs to the other 10% and is also grown organically.

Protected geographical origin (India)

Tellicherry peppers are named after the harbor town of Thalassery, which was called Tellicherry in British times. Just like the fort they built there at the beginning of the 18th century to defend their pepper interests in India. Thalassery was already the absolute center of the pepper trade before the British intervention, even before the Portuguese claimed it in the 14th century.

Our Tellicherry is of organic origin and has been briefly steamed before drying. Tellicherry pepper is famous for its rich aroma, which can develop by leaving the fruit on the plant for as long as possible.

To be a Tellicherry pepper, a peppercorn must not only come from the area around Tellicherry, they must also be 4.25 mm or larger. Only then do they qualify for the Tellicherry Garbled Extra Bold - TGEB designation. Only 10% of the harvest meets the requirements of Tellicherry Extra Bold. A section is even larger than 4.75 mm, a premium that is fully called Tellicherry Garbled Special Extra bold. Tellicherry Peppers fall under the same 2006 Indian Geographical Protection (GI), similar to the European Geographical Indication, abbreviated as BGI in Dutch.

Our Tellicherry is the pepper berry of similar pepper varieties to the smaller malabar peppers. The difference is the size. In addition to this Tellicherry, we also offer the Wayanad Tellicherry, a special variety, also grown organically.

How does Tellicherry differ from other Tellicherrys and Malabars?

An often recurring question. The answer is: the size of the berry, so that the aromas and sharpness are developed to the maximum. Moreover this Tellicherry  is grown in the Wayanad in organic cultivation. This particular Tellicherry of two local pepper varieties is famous for its very spicy character due to its relatively high piperine content, properties that we like to recognize in a Tellicherry pepper.

Why not organic?

In order to be able to supply this organically grown pepper under the label organic, we will have to be certified as a packer/producer of the pepper. We are not. Although we process and store organic products and products from regular cultivation strictly separately, we are not allowed to carry the designation organic.


This very tasty black pepper is very suitable for general use.


  • 100% pepper berries from Piper nigrum 
  • protected by the Indian GI label (geographical protection)
  • 100% TGSEB
  • origin: Wayanad, India
  • from organic cultivation


  • available in glass, pouch and test tube
  • glass jar contains 60 grams
  • stand-up pouches with a content of up to 30 to 500 grams
  • available in 10 ml test tube
  • larger quantities on request

Gift Wrap

  • the jar is available in a tasteful gift box, consisting of a cube box filled with black tissue paper
  • for an overview of our gift packaging, please refer to the category gift packaging

General advice

  • grind your pepper shortly before use
  • add the ground pepper to your preparation at the very last minute


  • keep your tellicherry pepper in closed packaging
  • preferably store in a dark, dry and cool place
  • best before March 2025 (03/25)
  • this best before date is an indication


Do you want to know what Tellicherry tastes like? Can you also try a test tube, with enough pepper to fathom the flavor essence of this pepper.

View all details